top of page
  • Writer's pictureLaney

Which Adhesive I use

Well I will go through the different types of adhesive I have used over the years and what I use them for.

ATG - This stands for advance tape gun they are more expensive than the standard tape runners. However the ATG is refillable and has alot more tape on the rolls. Ideal for paper crafts and they come in different width sizes.

Adhesive Foam - These can come is sheets or rolls, they are ideal for dimension to your projects.

Double Sided Tape - These can come in a runner or rolls and are ideal for card making in layering your projects.

Liquid Glue - Tombow mono (permanent/removable) and aqua (permanent) ideal for embellishments.

Glue Dots - These come in permanent and removable rolls or runners and are great to add buttons to your projects.

Score Tape - This is a double sided tape ideal for sticking ribbon or glitter down that you don't want it come off your project.

Red Line - This is also double sided tape is ideal for junk journals etc

Xyron - This is a sticker machine and makes stickers out of die-cuts, photos, ribbon, tags and much more. Refill cartridges available in both permanent and re-positional adhesive.

Scotch Tacky Glue - This is quick drying and can be used with a fineline nozzle for delicate items alot of crafter's use this type of glue.

Glossy Accents - This is a clear, three - dimensional gloss medium. Use to accent, brighten, dimensional and magnify distinct areas on any scrapbook page, album cover, rubber stamped image, paper craft or home decor project. You can also place it under embellishments to make them stick and on top to protect and make them glossy.

Aleene's Tack It Over n Over - This is ideal for unmounted stamps

Mod Podge - This can be used as a sealer to protect painted surfaces. You can paint your base item all one colour, and Mod Podge cut paper or lace onto it. You can also paint designs onto it, and use Mod Podge as a finish.

Washi Tape - This is decorative coloured adhesive tape. The tape is great for adding to projects and also to use when die cutting.

Hot Glue Gun - Hot melt adhesive (HMA), also known as hot glue, is a form of thermoplastic adhesive this is comes in a solid cylindrical stick which is designed to be applied using a hot glue gun.

If I had to pick my top 5 adhesives it would be as follows:


Score Tape

Scotch Tacky Glue

Glossy Accents

Adhesive Foam

Well I hope you found this interesting.

Happy Crafting Peeps

Love Laney x

18 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page